Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Days








Winter has come early for us here in Monroe. It's a good thing that we took the time yesterday to go into Bellevue to get our cat as today the roads are not something I want to venture on. Stephanie measured the snow on our back step at 7.5 inches, which is totally unusal for us here. Usually that amount is reserved for the mountains.








So what am I doing today...baking cookies! I have already stirred up two batches of the pumpkin snickerdoodles, they need time in the fridge...and I'm ready to start the lemon ones. I also plan on knitting and if I can kick some people out of the house for a bit, I might get some packages wrapped. I really don't want to wait until Christmas Eve to do my wrapping...I will leave that up to Steve. :)

Update...the news just verified what I had been thinking...we here in Monroe received 12.5 inches of snow...and it's only 5 pm! Why did I think we had that much snow? I had to help Steve shovel the snow from the driveway...and we only cleared enough for one vehicle to get out...his! Oh...and school has already been closed for tomorrow...so no school now until after the winter break is over in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment