Thursday, July 16, 2009

More Bags for Sale...

I have been busy at the sewing machine and wanted to let you see some of the results.

This pink one has already been listed on Etsy.com and you can find the link to my store in the side bar.

The pink bag is made from a linen type of fabric with a deep pocket on the outside. There is a button loop closure. It is also fully reversible with a darker pink for the strap and interior. (See details in my store for more info).

This little blue Hawaiian bag was fun to make. One of my girlfriends had ordered a Big bag for her to use while riding the bus and I used the leftover material to make smaller bags. She also bought one of these in the picture, so I only have one of them. It will be listed in Etsy sometime this afternoon...I need to get an individual picture of it. :)


This Pansy bag was fun to make. Again, it is big! I made a similar one for my friend (who rides the bus). The exterior has BIG pansies...they are about 6" across! The interior was made from satin found in my mother's attic. It also has a big pocket on the inside made from the pansy fabric as shown here...and on the other side, the pockets go all the way across to hold things like pens and magazines. The handles are perfect to hold on to your shoulder and there is a magnetic snap to keep things closed.




See the big pansies! I love this bag and really wish I could keep it, but to be honest, I need to help our budget more.




A better view of the long pockets.





Ok...this is the bag I started and finished yesterday. I'm really pleased with it too! It's fully reversible and I have pictured it both ways. Here you see the silk on the exterior and the weave of the silk is purple and gold, so the sheen is quite fabulous. It needed some embellishment, so with my stash of leftover yarns and such, I made the tassel. The tassel is just tied on somewhat loosely so it can be removed when the bag needs cleaning.






The other fabric has an Oriental feel to it with fans floating across it.

The silk was a wonderful find at a garage sale in a free box. It was a discarded throw pillow cover that I picked apart. Pretty cool.


This is Scott's hand showing where the pocket is. :) The bag is big enough to easily hold a regular sized binder, or a few books. Or just a great bag to take shopping. I opted to not use a magnetic snap as then it wouldn't be reversible.








Isn't it beautiful! I will be posting this one too on Etsy this afternoon. After pricing silk fabric at a quilt store the other day at almost $30 a yard, I'm hoping to get a good price for this.







No comments:

Post a Comment